Wednesday, February 25, 2009

So Beautiful to Me

First off, I know it's sappy....I don't care....it's how I feel.. ;)

I have never had a baby....OK, I know that as a man, I "can't" have a baby, but what I mean is this. Jimmy and Marie where 6 and 4 when I married Glenna, so I missed all of the baby stuff. The pooping, the teething, the terrible 2's, etc... And on one hand that was sorta cool.....Glenna couldn't have anymore kids and I knew that, and I was cool with that. I mean I have 2 great kids who love me, so what more could I need...(and in case anyone is wondering, I may not be their biological father, but make no mistake, they are my kids....)

So seeing Jaymisen being born.....I didn't know what I would feel, I mean I knew I would feel love...but as I like to say "I don't know nothing bout birthing no babies!"....well....as I drove home tonight....I just started balling, crying like a little kid....(I'm tearing up just writing this) I was just so overcome with joy and happiness...I didn't want to leave the hospital, only one person could stay and Marie wanted mom....I tried not to take it personal ;) But I just want to hold him and love on him and give him kisses. I want to take him fishing, I want to play catch, I want to make silly movies with him....I love him so much.....he is just......so beautiful to me...I wish my grandpa was still alive, I just want to show him off to everyone.

I am sure this is how other grandparents feel....but it's new to me...and I apologize in advance to Jaymisen and you all out there, cause you are going to see him quite a bit....I can't wait for his first Halloween.....I wonder what he will go as?.......... ;)

Formats available:MPEG4 Video (.mp4)

No comments: